EQS 580 4MATIC is Mercedes-Benz’s first locally manufactured EV in India, and the 14th ‘Made in India’ Mercedes-Benz model
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO Mercedes-Benz India and Arun Surendra, Managing Director, Mercedes-Benz Titanium Motors introduced the EQS at Titanium Motor’s newly refurbished MAR2020 Retail Presence in Chennai
The new MAR2020 facility integrates dedicated EQ Display, AMG Performance Center and India’s first exclusive Top End Vehicle (TEV) Display, underlining the strong potential of EVs and TEVs in Tamil Nadu
• Tamil Nadu remains an important market for Mercedes-Benz India with sales growth of 68% in H1; we have witnessed 74% growth in sales of Top End Vehicles
• Positive response for EQS 580 in Chennai and Coimbatore with more customer interest emerging from other TN markets
• Mercedes-Benz Titanium Motors MAR2020 Facility: Dedicated EQ Display | Exclusive TEV Display | Area: 5,500 sq. ft | 5 Car Display | All models of Mercedes-Benz India | Close proximity to City & Business Hubs
• The EQS 580 4MATIC is the world’s most aerodynamic production vehicle, with a drag coefficient of 0.20. Contributes to its range of up to 677 kms (WLTP)/857 kms (ARAI approved)
• Priority delivery for Mercedes-Benz customers
• Service interval of 2 years or 30,000 kms | Vehicle warranty at 3 years | Battery warranty of 8 years/unlimited kms
• Service Ease Maintenance package price starts as low as INR 1 Lac
• Mercedes-Benz India offers largest luxury car network equipped to service EQS with special tools, equipment and certified technicians to cater to high-voltage EV requirements
• The Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 4MATIC is launched at a price of INR 1.55 crores (All India ex-showroom)
Chennai: The country’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz today introduced the country’s most advanced and sophisticated luxury Electric Vehicle – the EQS 580 4MATIC in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. India is the first market outside Germany to manufacture the EQS 580 4MATIC. The EQS 580 4MATIC, which becomes India’s longest range EV, is a design and technology marvel and sets new benchmark in the luxury EV segment. The local manufacturing of the EQS 580 4MATIC underlines Mercedes-Benz India’s global competencies accomplished in flexible production at its state-of—the-art manufacturing facility that now produces series, Maybach, AMG and luxury EVs, all under one roof.
Introduced the ‘Made in India EQS’ in Chennai, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, said, “We are delighted to introduce the ‘made in India EQS’ for our customers in Tamil Nadu. This luxury EV will play a pivotal role in driving our ambitious EV plans for the market. EQS is a perfect blend of technology, luxury and safety, pioneering numerous tech features for our customers. India is the first country outside Germany to manufacture the EQS 580 4MATIC, and this unique distinction underpins Mercedes-Benz India’s deep customer commitment and long-term vision for developing the luxury EV market here.”
He added, “Tamil Nadu remains an important market for us, witnessing a strong affinity for Top End Vehicles (TEV) and also luxury EVs. This newly refurbished MAR2020 facility of Titanium Motors with its dedicated EQ and exclusive TEV Display will cater to this increasing customer demand in the market. This facility will offer an immersive modern luxury brand experience to our discerning customers in Chennai and nearby markets.”
EQS 580 4MATIC Product Highlights:
As the world’s most aerodynamic car, the EQS 580 4MATIC boasts of a drag coefficient from 0.20. This contributes to the luxury saloon being India’s longest range EV with 857 kms range (ARAI certified). The high power density of the lithium-ion battery comes with usable energy content of 107.8 kWh and is equipped with a powerful 400 volt battery manufactured using the latest lithium-ion technology. It is equipped with superior technology through the advanced infotainment system MBUX Hyperscreen.
The EQS puts significant focus on safety with EURO NCAP rating of 5 star and comes equipped with 9 airbags for customer safety. Like all other Mercedes, the EQS features a rigid passenger cell, special deformation zones and state-of-the-art restraint systems. PRE-SAFE® is standard. The fact that the EQS is based on an all-electric architecture also opened up new design possibilities for its safety concept. It means, for example, that a favorable location could be chosen for the installation of the battery, in a crash-protected area in the underbody.
Since there is no large engine block on board, the behavior in a frontal crash could be modelled even better. In addition to the standard crash tests, the car’s performance in various additional load situations was verified and extensive component tests carried out at the Vehicle Safety Technology Centre (TFS), Sindelfingen.
Other unique EQS features:
The drive experience is unmatched with the inclusion of rear-axle steering with 10° steering angle adjustment, HEPA Filter, Dynamic Select, and Predictive Route Planning among other features. The sustainability in the EQS is enhanced through recycled & renewable raw materials as well as usage of recycled steel among other elements.
KEY TECHNICAL DATA:
Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 4MATIC
Electric motors Two permanently excited synchronous motors (PSM)
Max. output 385 kW
Max. torque at transmission output 855 Nm
Drive system layout All-wheel drive
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 4.3 s
Maximum speed 210 km/h
Battery energy content, usable (WLTP) 107.8 kWh
Rated voltage 396 V
Range (ARAI certified full MIDC) 857 km
Max. recuperation power1 290 kW
Wallbox charger AC (standard) 22 kW
Max. DC charging power 200 kW
Electrical consumption ( full MIDC) 151 Wh/km
Kerb weight 2585 kg
Cd value 0.20
1This value refers to the electrical power fed into the electric battery by recuperation. It can be achieved under optimal environmental conditions, depending on, among other things charge status and temperature.
‘Integrated AMG Performance Centre MAR2020’:
Luxury car owners increasingly aspire for exclusivity and Mercedes-Benz’s AMG centres create a bond and contact with these customers by offering them an exceptional AMG brand experience. The integration of Mercedes-Benz India’s signature retail presentation, MAR 2020 further deepens customer experience through a combination of spatial design, innovative advisory processes, and introduction of digitalization in the areas of advice, sales, and service. This evolution in retail format with MAR2020 provides an emotive setting or handcrafted performance, reiterating Mercedes-AMG’s Motorsport DNA for the performance purists in India.
Key Features of the new ‘Made in India’ EQS 580 4MATIC:
• Battery: High power density of the lithium-ion battery with a usable energy content of 107.8 kWh and is equipped with a powerful 400 volt, battery manufactured using the latest lithium-ion technology.
• Most Aerodynamic Car in the World: The EQS boasts of a drag coefficient from 0.20. Streamlining, seam sealing and minimization, wheel design, tire spoilers ahead of each wheel, highly smooth underbody paneling, a standard rear lip spoiler, and self-lowering air suspension add up to enhance quiet comfort, stable handling, driving range and efficiency.
• Innovative and Advanced MBUX Hyperscreen: This 56-inch, curved screen unit extends from A-pillar to A-pillar. Three screens sit under a glass cover and appear to merge into one. With the so-called zero layer, the most important applications are always displayed situationally and contextually on the top level in the field of vision.
• Rear Axle Steering: The rear-axle steering with 10° steering angle adjustment offers you three advantages at once: even more effortlessly superior road-holding, significantly increased agility and, better maneuverability when parking.
• The HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter as part of the ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL Plus, cleans the incoming outside air at its very high filtration level of over 99.65 percent.
• DYNAMIC SELECT: This provides you with a choice between the ECO, COMFORT, SPORT and INDIVIDUAL drive programs, which influence the accelerator pedal characteristic and agility, among other things. In the ECO drive program, the focus is on efficiency and an energy-efficient driving style.
• Predictive route planning and efficient driving with Electric Intelligence – The car plans the fastest and most convenient route, including charging stops, based on numerous factors and reacts dynamically to traffic jams or a change in driving style.
• The Burmester® surround sound system comprises 15 speakers with a total output of 710 watts
• Sustainable luxury: The components in the EQS, which are manufactured resource-efficiently using recycled and renewable raw materials, weigh more than 80 kilograms. The steel processed for the EQS at the Mercedes-Benz pressing plants consists largely of recycled steel scrap and the EQS has over 80%-recycled steel in its bones. The floor coverings are made of fishing nets and carpet scraps.
Charging: To further encourage EV adoption, Mercedes-Benz India will set up the largest ‘Ultra-fast charging network’ by a luxury carmaker, covering 80% of India by end of 2022. In order to ensure a hassle-free ownership experience of its electric portfolio, the ‘Ultra-fast charging network’ will be exclusive to Mercedes-Benz customers, with free & round the clock charging services being offered, for the first year.
Website-www.mercedes-benz.co.in | Twitter – @MercedesBenzInd | Instagram – @mercedesbenzind
Media Contact Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd.:
Shekhar Das Chowdhury | email@example.com |+91 98508 36477
Surabhi Udas | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 8452957507